I’m hoping that this is the start of something new. I’m hoping that this isn’t another blog that I abandon, like so many forgotten Tamagotchis (you were too needy), Sea Monkeys (which my brother poured down the sink) and Furbies (I know they’re still plotting my death).
This is a space for me to write some personal essays and practise my writing.
If you don’t know who I am, I’m Chantelle and I’m 25. I live in Western Australia.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- I have no contact with my biological family apart from my mum and disabled brothers (more on that later). I haven’t talked to them in years and that doesn’t look like it will change any time soon, which is for the best. Simply, they’re terrible people.
- My mum covered for my brothers murdering my helpless Sea Monkeys and took the blame for it. She said she accidentally poured them down the drain. Her guilt and maybe my incessant whinging later got to her and she admitted that it wasn’t her fault. I think I may have scrubbed the toilet with my brother’s toothbrush in retaliation. When I say I think I may have done that, I mean that I actually did that. Keep in mind that this was before I read Gone Girl so my revenge ideas have escalated since then.
- I get stressed when I do something social on a week night because it means I won’t have time to pack my stuff to go to the gym in the morning or I’ll be too tired to go. Sometimes I find myself at social events thinking about how I’d rather be in bed so I can get a good night’s sleep before a 5 am gym session.
- I like anything to do with true crime. Books, TV shows, podcasts. I didn’t realise how much that I consumed until people pointed it out.
- I have been a voracious reader since I was 3 years old. When I was 4, my mum signed me up as a member to our local library. I was the youngest person that they had ever given a library card to but they thought it was best to give me one as I always used up my mum’s allowance.
- I’m left handed. A sixth fun fact to make sure that you’re reading along.
I’m hoping that I can be entertaining and not just another boring bitch with a blog who thinks her every shit is the most interesting thing ever.